Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer just starting here in Norway and guess what? Yeah,that's right,the roof stops working! Took car in for service the other day and when i collected it the roof wouldn't come down,nothing! When i hold back the button it flashes red but that's all,no noise. If i pull the button twice it'll open the door windows as normal. Checked hydraulic level and it's fine.Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Silly question I know, But have done it myself..... Is the blind in the boot/trunk closed ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
had the same problem the other day found there was one of the rubber ends off the blind rail missing! when i pushed it over the activating switch it worked again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem with the rubber ends on the blind rail,wondered if the relay under the hydraulic fluid bottle has anything to do with the roof operation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally had to take car to a merc dealer and turned out it was nothing more than a relay for the pump motor in the Electronic traction support (if that makes any sense!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure,the number of the relay is;002 542 72 19 and it is situated on the side of the roof's hydraulic fluid bottle in the boot/trunk. Ironic that changing a 2 quid relay cost me 150 quid at a main dealer,oh well,you live and learn!!

·
Registered
2001 Red SLK 320
8 Posts
I have a similar problem - -a 2001 SLK320 and the top stopped working (will not go down). When the button is pushed there is no light or sound. Checked the cover in trunk and it is in place. Was operating perfectly and now is dead in the water. Any ideas?

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem - -a 2001 SLK320 and the top stopped working (will not go down). When the button is pushed there is no light or sound. Checked the cover in trunk and it is in place. Was operating perfectly and now is dead in the water. Any ideas?

Dave
Hey Dave,

I am having the exact same problem. Except my top is down and will not come up. Light inside the switch doesn't come on and I am blowing Fuse #7 (5A) when the car is started.

If you find a solution please let me know. If I find one I will do the same. Hopefully one of the members here has an idea!! :bowdown:

Cameron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts