Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm chasing a recurring Check engine light and would love some help / suggestions. Car has 52k miles and I've paid to replace the MAF, O2 Sensors, 2 vacuum lines and the valve block. Car drives perfectly for 50-60 miles and CEL comes back on. Car drives perfectly with CEL on too.

Please share ideas / suggestions. Need to pass inspection.:surrender:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I'm chasing a recurring Check engine light and would love some help / suggestions. Car has 52k miles and I've paid to replace the MAF, O2 Sensors, 2 vacuum lines and the valve block. Car drives perfectly for 50-60 miles and CEL comes back on. Car drives perfectly with CEL on too.

Please share ideas / suggestions. Need to pass inspection.:surrender:
Drive to Autozone have them pull the codes, write them down, come back and let us know what they are.

My guess is you have been using a small shop?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CEL Codes.....170 / 173

You're right. I am using a small Mercedes Mechanic and shop. Owner is German with 30+ years exp. Lovely people. They replaced the rear O2 Sensor and MAF the first time and some vacuum lines the second time. Light returned.
Autozone pulled codes 0170 & 0173. Is it worth mentioning that, this time, the CEL light came on while I was refueling ? Car was running while I filled it up.

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Don't run the engine with the fuel cap off.
You throw the emissions out of whack.

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It could be the EGR valve,if the car runs fine just don't bother, for sure I wouldn't throw money out and replace all kind of parts with no results.
After resetting it takes aprox 30 Miles till the light comes back on if the problem is not solved

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the thought

Don't mind replacing a few more parts to get this fixed so I can register the car in TX. Got 60 miles since the vacuum block was replaced. Fingers crossed that the Mercedes Mechanic gets it this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts