Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the other day, everything was going well, then we got back into our car and I tried to roll down the windows and nothing. None of the windows work, the back, front, passenger or driver side. There is no noise, no response, nothing. I've tried switches on teh center console as well as on the back doors for the back windows and nothing. Is this a fuse problem? I thought so initially, but then thought that only 2 windows are connected to a fuse, so that would mean 2 fuses blew out at the same time, which I figured was highly improbable.

I did some research and here and found the regulator, but it didn't seem to have the other symptoms - the nasty noise, falling off track perhaps. Only other thing is could it be the motor? Or do you think its a fuse problem? Like I said, none of the switches do anything. I don't hear any noise, like a motor running or anything. I also read here that it was uncommon for the motor to give out.

We have a 1998 E320 with about 80K miles on it. Any insight would be fantastic!

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
make sure

Step 1
is firmly plugged in.
check that the pse has not gotten wet.it is located by the battery under the rear pass seat.
then search battery reset and give that a try to see if it resets the comm link between the ccm and the pse.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OhLord, i appreciate the reply! I'll give this a whirl, hopefully before we head out for vacation. Hopefully nothing too serious and this fixes it! Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts