Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 E300 Diesel that is not a turbo. I hunted this used car down because of my superstitious disregard for turbos thinking that they go bad after 100K or so. I kind of like the feel of a naturally aspirated diesel and do not care about the power issues. It is just broken in at 97K miles. Now I'm curious about how this car ended up without a turbo unit in the first place. What gives? Everywhere I go it says that the E300 D went full turbo in 1998. Is my car weird or what?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you sure it is a 1998 model? It looks like the 1996-1997 E300D was non-turbo charged. Run the vin through the Russian MB Club and see what it says.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 1998 E300 Diesel that is not a turbo. I hunted this used car down because of my superstitious disregard for turbos thinking that they go bad after 100K or so. I kind of like the feel of a naturally aspirated diesel and do not care about the power issues. It is just broken in at 97K miles. Now I'm curious about how this car ended up without a turbo unit in the first place. What gives? Everywhere I go it says that the E300 D went full turbo in 1998. Is my car weird or what?
What's your build date off the driver's side door piller?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts