Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! NEWBIE here to the blog.

I have a 1998 CLK 320 that I just got a few weeks ago . Love it!
I have some questions if you could help me out.

1) How do I find the paint code? The car is a blue/purple color. Very unique color, never saw it on a car before. I need to touch up a few minor scratches.

2) When the car is cold and you crank it over it starts first time. It goes to about 1000rpms and settles back to about 600-650rpms. When the car is warmed up, you have stopped and turned off the engine, and you go to start it again it starts but dies out almost immediately. If I start it and press accelerator when it first starts it works fine. This occurs only when warmed up to operating temperature.

3) The car has 129,000 miles and appears to have been taken care of really well. How long do these 6 cylinders last, mileage wise before major rebuilds? Are the transmissions reliable?

4) The car has a Mercedes phone in the console and a dialer in the dash, it is older and outdated but it appears to work. Can I get it programmed with my cell number so that the car phone works with my number? Is this a Bluetooth so that the conversation comes out of the car speakers? If I can’t put my cell number on this phone can you convert this existing unit to be a blue tooth so that I can have hands free on my cell phone?

Thanks in advance for the information!

·
Registered
35,784 Posts
1. take your VIN to the dealer. They have "lipstick" sized paints for the purpose
2.sounds like one of the injector might be leaking fuel and floods warm engine. Check for the codes to start.
3. 320 V6 have been reported to make over 300k in heavier E class. Would not surprise me if you make 1/2 million.
4. the old analog phones make good wheel chokes.
Welcome to the forum have fun with your ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just bought a 99 sl 500 with 86,000 miles any suggestions on making sure it is in good running condition it runs and sounds great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts