Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help guys:

Yesterday I tried to use my car but it won't start...The engine would just crank and crank but not start.Everything was fine the day before, no codes nothing...I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor few months ago, because the car was stalling, but after that the car was perfect!
Battery is fine.Any opinions?
The FSS light was on(6700 miles) I forgot to reset that, do you think that's the problem?:surrender:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
CPS

I would start by rechecking the CPS. If it came loose, connector or ground will jinx you good. Besides that it's fuel, spark, or likely the computer shutting down one or both of those. I had a bad MAF do that with no codes showing. Then the next time it started but ran real bad til the MAF was changed. You could try disconnecting the battery for a half hour to reset the codes and rest the CPU.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

C as in 220

·
Registered
39 Posts
when you turned the key in Park did the motor just whine, like the starter was not catching? or did it continue to crank/start like normal but wouldn't turnover. Need to know what type of sound it was making when you tried to start it. If it whined try moving your car into neutral, maybe moving the shifter back and forth from park to "3" and then leave it in neutral...then try to start it.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
starting problem

Badhool16,

I have a similar starting problem like the one you described on your C-class with my C220. Mine has problems starting after it has sit for a few days. Cranks fine but takes mutiple tries of cranking shutting off and trying again before you can get it to start. If you turn it off once it has started it works great, until it sits again for a day or more. Checked codes and all systems reported normal. I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your problem?

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did.The wire which goes to the crankshaft position sensor was damaged.Check that out.

Badhool16,

I have a similar starting problem like the one you described on your C-class with my C220. Mine has problems starting after it has sit for a few days. Cranks fine but takes mutiple tries of cranking shutting off and trying again before you can get it to start. If you turn it off once it has started it works great, until it sits again for a day or more. Checked codes and all systems reported normal. I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of your problem?

Thanks,
Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts