Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Wagon, 2002 S430
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the common complaint on my 98 C230 in that the high-speed setting on my wiper does not work; only speed 2 (medium speed) and speed 1 (low speed) work. My wiper transmission is all cleaned and lubed up with the Shin-Etsu syn grease (as per MB tech recommendation) and has no issues top-side, so i wanting to verify whether or not the high speed portion of the relay is engaging when switched on (screwdriver-to-ear method). I've seen conflicing reports on where exactly said relay is located so I am hoping for the correct information via this solicitation. Also wondering how common it is for the actual wiper motor to burn out to the extent that it still functions up to medium speed but simply cannot meet the demands of the high speed setting, even with a fully functioning relay. And last question... who sells the most reliable brand (and best-priced) of replacement assembly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,675 Posts
I have the common complaint on my 98 C230 in that the high-speed setting on my wiper does not work; only speed 2 (medium speed) and speed 1 (low speed) work. My wiper transmission is all cleaned and lubed up with the Shin-Etsu syn grease (as per MB tech recommendation) and has no issues top-side, so i wanting to verify whether or not the high speed portion of the relay is engaging when switched on (screwdriver-to-ear method). I've seen conflicing reports on where exactly said relay is located so I am hoping for the correct information via this solicitation. Also wondering how common it is for the actual wiper motor to burn out to the extent that it still functions up to medium speed but simply cannot meet the demands of the high speed setting, even with a fully functioning relay. And last question... who sells the most reliable brand (and best-priced) of replacement assembly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Wagon, 2002 S430
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the info I was looking for (but failed to find in my thread search). Thank you Khomer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts