Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The antenna fell off the vehicle several years ago. $700 later, a new antenna was installed but with very poor radio reception. Yesterday the damn antenna fell off again, however was still hanging by the plastic gear. I was able to feed the plastic gear back through the motor and have it connected and operating again, but now the reception is even worse. I tried bypassing the combiner box and connected the radio co-axil directly into the neck of the antenna housing, but this did not help. I noticed that the "rubber wedge nut" that mounts to the outside of the vehicle has maybe a 2-3" bent stiff wire that protrudes out of the rubber stop and into the vehicle. I don't know what this does and/or if it is broken. Everything is stock, no aftermarket radio/antenna's are used. Any suggestions that would help increase the radio reception would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
MB calls your car a W140 and there is a dedicated forum for those. Just scroll down from this general forum until you see the sedans section. There are bound to be other like owners who have had a similar problem. Good luck and welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts