Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!<br>
<br>
I'm looking for specific breakdown/decipher info for the vin on my SL500. Is there a place on the web, or a text file someone can send/point me to for this info? I'm excited to see what it's all about! (just acquired it) thanks for any help you can offer!!<br>
-dan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi<br>
<br>
The VIN isnt very interesting, its the option codes that are (i.e what the car was built at) The MB dealers have some sort of database in their parts system that tells them what VIN numbers have what options. However, you have this information on the datacard that was supplied with the vehicle. Also probably a copy in the service book (last page), and maybe also somewhere as a sticker on the car (theres a metal copy under my CLK's bonnet, and a printed sticker in the boot). The option codes are all 3 digits, and most cars seem to have 10-20 options on them.<br>
As yours is 1997, it will have 807 as an option(807 being Model Year 97) <br>
<br>
There is a list somewhere on the web, thats a bit<br>
out of date, and also Ive been busy compiling my own list that I send to the chap who maintains the public list, as he plans to update his list soon (and his list has german and english, mine<br>
is only english etc etc)<br>
<br>
If you email me the option codes, Ill translate those I can for you.<br>
<br>
R <br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
1990 500SL
39 Posts
you can check your