Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to reading the DTCs for this car and have come to find out that P0150 means "O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)" Can somebody please point me in the direction of a diagram that shows where "bank 2 sensor 1" is? I have an alldata sub, but they only refer to left and right bank and sensor 3/3 and 3/4 or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1914 Mercedes 28/95 hp, 83' 300SD, 93' S420, (three) 94' S420's, 95' S500 & 96' S600
284 Posts
O2 sensor diagnostic

Hi all, I am new to reading the DTCs for this car and have come to find out that P0150 means "O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)" Can somebody please point me in the direction of a diagram that shows where "bank 2 sensor 1" is? I have an alldata sub, but they only refer to left and right bank and sensor 3/3 and 3/4 or something like that.

Thanks in advance!
Ok.... usual description for an vehicle: is for an O2 system referring to two sensors on a cat.per side if V4, V6 or V8 and V12, etc. .. Bank 1 sensor one would be on left exhaust and O2 # one (1) would be upstream of the cat. and O2 # two (2) would be downstream of the cat. Bank 2 would be on right, etc and so on....

As for the Benz....
On the 119... G3/2 is on the left exhaust (upstream of Cat) and G3/1 is on the right exhaust, upstream of Cat.

The sensor is located in the exhaust system, upstream of catalytic converter.

OPERATION description....
When the engine is started, the oxygen sensor heating element is in operation. If the engine exceeds 5500 RPM, the heating element is turned off. Operation restarts when the engine speed drops below 5000 RPM.

If you have an O scope.... place a small sewing needle into the conductor sensor data lead and ensure the trace is alternating (switching). If it is not switching.... replace the sensor... using the very small needle makes removal and the insulation will simply easily close up when heated.... or simply put a dab of RTV over the tiny wound, etc.

Unplug the O2 sensor and using a multimeter.... do a continuity test to ensure the heater element is not open.... after ensuring the element is not open and has a resistance reading and is not shorted... reconnect same and you can also use a small needle as the data line and ensure heater voltage is also present. This is a simple method to ensure the Sensor is functing or is bad-order and in need of replacement!

When a concern involves one of a set of sensors.... I always try and swap the location(s) and verify as to the fault traveling and or following the suspect bad/order sensor that is suspected of generating the code... this is another excellent diagnostic procedure.... please, always ensure to put some never-sieze lubricant on the sensor threads! If you encounter a problem removing the old O2 Sensor(s).... I always will run the engine and remove the sensor when the exhaust is hot.... be careful as not to burn yourself though! Be careful PLEASE!

Good Luck with your repair/ diagnostics! :thumbsup:

Hope this was of assistance.

Dietrich.... if further assistance may be required... will be glad to ask Robert or Dutch for further explanation(s) assist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts