Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1997 s600 integrated cell phone

1632 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  dtkw
Anybody know how to upgrade the integrated cell phone to digital/wireless. I hate to install another unit and the analog is going away fast in my area.<p>Also, does Mercedes make a am/fm/cd changer with a single CD in the dash?<p>I love this car (my first), but they forgot a couple of good old american luxuries. Cup holders!!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In dash cd...yes. You can get one from www.bekkers.com.

: Anybody know how to upgrade the integrated cell phone to digital/wireless. I hate to install another unit and the analog is going away fast in my area.<p>Also, does Mercedes make a am/fm/cd changer with a single CD in the dash?<p>I love this car (my first), but they forgot a couple of good old american luxuries. Cup holders!!!<p>

· Registered
1 Posts
Anybody know how to upgrade the integrated cell phone to digital/wireless. I hate to install another unit and the analog is going away fast in my area.<p>Also, does Mercedes make a am/fm/cd changer with a single CD in the dash?<p>I love this car (my first), but they forgot a couple of good old american luxuries. Cup holders!!!
DID YOU EVER FIND A DIGITAL PHONE TO REPLACE THE ANALOG PHONE? I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, ANALOG IS GOING AWAY, I NEED TO FIND A DIGITAL SOLUTION THAT KEEPS THE INTEGRATED FEATURES AND VOICE ACTIVATION.
CHEERS,
DALE

· Registered
1998 S 500
1 Posts
MB integrated phone

Did you ever upgrade youe MB integrated analog phone to digital? If you did do you still have the MB phone that goes in the front middle armrest? I am in need of a replacement for my 1998 S 500.

Thanks,
sharpjack

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
I am going to replace my phone with a digital one. In fact, I already had most of the par...

I am going to replace my phone with a digital one. In fact, I already had most of the parts I need except a few wiring and harniess. I am changing to set to use Nokia phone. Then I could use the same phone in both cars. Anyway, first, you'd need to change you audio system unless you have a 99 and on. Because our head unit is not fiber optic and with the Nokia kit, you'd need that. So, get a fiber otpic head unit like the Audio 10 tape or CD, and if you want the CD changer, your old unit would not work, and you need to get a fiber optic CD changer. You can get those items on E-Bay or the Classified. And if you want more information, you could go to mecedesmods.com and check out the stuffs in there. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.