Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'97 E420 Sport Brilliant Silver
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light is on and periodically shuts on and off and reads "check electronics". Runs rough at idle and sluggish performance when the check engine light comes on. Any info? Thanks
[:(]

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport
262 Posts
Get the code for that CEL
Once you know the code you can pipoint the problem.
Looks like MAF sensor though

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks buddy, yeah thats what I need to do, Hope Its not something too costly. [B)]

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
How is free at Autozone? :)

Len

·
Registered
96' E320
307 Posts
Hey tybenzo, You may be in luck! about a year ago my car did the same thing. I took it to my trusty mechanic and he replaced the spark plugs. That fixed the problem completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i currently am having the same problem and i was told by my family mechanic than i needed an oxygen sensor replaced i hope that helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had the spark plugs replaced, same deal. I need to take to a place where they can diagnose that code. If it was the O2 sensor wouldn't the car basically not run at all? Im thinking its the MAF....
Thanks

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport
262 Posts
You could run your car more easily with a bad O2 sensor than with a bad MAF.
Anyway, look for the code!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im very upset, brought my car yesterday to a Local european repair facility, They pulled codes PO300 and PO301. They said it had a Bad MAP sensor, so they replaced that along with a few other things (bad ignition coil, new fuel filter, air filter) Car ran great yesterday. Spent $600 on all this and was running good yesterday. But, today I go to start car and check engine light immediatly comes on reading the same darn thing "check electronics". Im P***** off bringing it back and making them fix it right. Anyone know what codes PO300 PO301 are?? One should hopefully at least be Map sensor!!

[:(!]

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts