Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've a 1997 E36 AMG and hope all the owners of the bigger brother don't mind me asking for some help.

The garage that services my car tell me that some of the bushes are wearing (I believe it's the lower control arm on both sides) and should be replaced quite soon. We have discussed fitting polyurethane bushes (the garage has done it for Porsche, Maserati, AM, etc) and had positive feedback. I think I'd like to replace the wearing bushes with the newer material but have been unable to find any supplier who has heard of the W210 E36 let alone has any parts.

Could anybody advise if parts for the E36 and E55 are common to both models. I've searched through all the resources I can find, but don't have a definitive answer and am hoping that if the answer is yes, I can use the E55 parts on my E36.

Thank you all for your help. It's much appreciated

Cheers.

Bob Reid

·
Registered
'03 Z4, '02 E55, '11 ML350
710 Posts
Hello Bob,

I believe I can safely recommend the Meyle HD parts.

MEYLE-HD ? optimised spare parts with a 4-year warranty

These are the parts many of the dealers here use. Remember HD, not the standard parts.

You might try the search function in this forum also. There are others who have done this previously.

Good luck with your project and let us know how it turns out.

Cheers !

Mike K.

·
Registered
2004 Chevy Tahoe LT, 2012 VW Jetta 2.oh slow, 1998 E55 AMG
261 Posts
I beleive (but im not sure:D) that your car would share more parts with the regular E320 instead of the E55 as the E36 was/is based on the m104 from the regular 6cylinder E class where as the e55 has the m113 v8.

Except for spring and shock absorbers, which were probably tuned by AMG for the E36, I am quite sure that the rest of the underpinnings i.e suspension components like various bushings would be the same as the E320...
hope this helps:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts