Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with instructions on how to replace the water pump on a 1997 E320 base sedan? I searched the board but did not find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to decide if I can do it myself or not.

Bob

·
Registered
2000 E430 4Matic 142,000 miles
90 Posts
Can anyone help with instructions on how to replace the water pump on a 1997 E320 base sedan? I searched the board but did not find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to decide if I can do it myself or not.

Bob
This one is pretty thorough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reviewed the Pelican parts instructions. One question I have is when I disconnect the Transmission cooler line from the radiator, how much fluid should I expect to lose? I have one of those sealed transmissions and have no way to add fluid.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
1,194 Posts
Not sure how much fluid you will lose. But you can add fluid through the dipstick at the back left of the engine. It's covered with a black plastic cap. There may or may not be a red clip on it as well.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,712 Posts
Reviewed the Pelican parts instructions. One question I have is when I disconnect the Transmission cooler line from the radiator, how much fluid should I expect to lose? I have one of those sealed transmissions and have no way to add fluid.
Sealed with what? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok--I am a little dense so bear with me, When I went to Autohaus AZ for a water pump, there are 2 available. One with oil line and one without. I assume mine does not have an oil line into the pump as I cannot see one. ThAutohaus is closed right now so I plan to call them on Tuesday and ask that question, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts