Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 E300 Diesel that runs and handles great except for a noticeable shake from 50 mph to slightly over 55mph. I had a computerized alignment performed but the shake is still there. I have not had the wheels checked for balance. I plan on doing this and rotating the tires. Can anyone give me some feed back on what might be happening. Thank you.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hi, Henry and welcome to the forum. Please take a minute to complete your BW profile re: vehicle and location as that can be very useful information.

When did your issue start? Was it all of a sudden one day it was doing it? That would lead down one path of diagnosis or another.

However, I would in the meantime recommend a balance and rotation. If it's a lost weight or broken belt or something like that the issue will change or be resolved. If not post back with more detail (including mileage, etc.) so we can fill in the gaps.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
Most likely bad shock with unbalanced wheel.
Than it is hard to diagnose something like that over the Internet.
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the input. It turned out to be a defect in the side wall of the front passenger tire. It was a new tire and once it was eliminated vehicle ran perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts