Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Mercedes 190E
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1997 C280 inline 6 that has 120,000 miles. While checking fluids I noticed that there is oil in coolant. Car runs perfect, no engine light, no coolant in oil. It has never overheated on me.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Luis

·
Registered
1999 C280
898 Posts
Usually that means a head gasket is in your future. I would do a leak down test and see what the results are.

Mark

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
2 Posts
I have a 1997 C280 inline 6 that has 120,000 miles. While checking fluids I noticed that there is oil in coolant. Car runs perfect, no engine light, no coolant in oil. It has never overheated on me.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Luis
Luis
hello,
I am the tech manager at Prestone coolants. Does the car have an oil cooler? If it does, it is leaking internally. You must get this repaired and the cooling system flushed. The oil in the coolant will swell the rubber hoses and soften them to the point of failure. Younrad hoses and heater hoses should be replaced afternthe repair as they will fail.

·
Registered
96' C220
1,275 Posts
Search!

Use the Benzworld.org search engine!

There are many Threads to search on this subject with valuable info and solutions. From using Bars Leak, to full head gasket replacement. The choice is often dictated by your ability to pay, or work on it yourself...

Good Luck and welcome to the Forum!:thumbsup:

C as in 220

1 - 4 of 4 Posts