Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this just started on my 1997 C230.

when wiper was turned on, the single blade wiper would move to the passenger side slowly, and the very slowly toward the driver's side, and would stop, then move a little, then stop and then finally to the rest position.

it does this at all wiper settings.

anyone have an idea of the problem?

any where i can see a diagram of the wiper assembly, and how to remove?

many thanks, bargecapt

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same car, and the wiper is a bit slow on the passenger side, but is too fast in some other spots - it catches in three places and literally smacks the windshield...does yours do it?

When I answer my questions about the wiper, I'll let you know. Good luck!

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Hop down to the 202 forum and do a search. This is a common issue and IIRC you simply need to lube the mechanism, although there may also be a worn bushing or something.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wiper C class

This is simple to correct if this is the single wiper arm, at the base of the wiper there is a plastic cover which can slide off, turn on the wiper so it stops in the middle of the screen it will then expose a silver chrome bar which is where the wiper mechanism bounces up and down, get some vaseline and put this around the chrome bar, put everthing back together and that should solve it. Unfourtantely this never gets pick up on any services.

Regards
Taj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts