Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 C280 W202
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, relating to my last post about no start and windows not working I had the car at an auto electrician and it sporadically started on some days, windows worked when it started, but once the immobiliser issue reared its head the windows would not budge. I am going to bite the bullet and send it to the dealer, because the only other shop in town with the right STAR software had theirs stolen last year, sigh...no one can get into the cars systems besides the dealer.

My question is if they determine the immobiliser control unit to be faulty (part no. 2108202826) would it be possible to recode the same part from another C280, or not? Alternatively the dealer says there is a guy in a nearby town who can bypass the system, which I believe is DAS2.

I will do anything to keep this car alive, I will never scrap it, I can literally not afford to anyway.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
1996 C280 W202
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all, relating to my last post about no start and windows not working I had the car at an auto electrician and it sporadically started on some days, windows worked when it started, but once the immobiliser issue reared its head the windows would not budge. I am going to bite the bullet and send it to the dealer, because the only other shop in town with the right STAR software had theirs stolen last year, sigh...no one can get into the cars systems besides the dealer.

My question is if they determine the immobiliser control unit to be faulty (part no. 2108202826) would it be possible to recode the same part from another C280, or not? Alternatively the dealer says there is a guy in a nearby town who can bypass the system, which I believe is DAS2.

I will do anything to keep this car alive, I will never scrap it, I can literally not afford to anyway.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Apologies, part no. Is A2108202126, EPC states it is replaced by A2108202726.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts