Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1996 S500 VERSUS 2000 CADDY DEVILLE DTS MODEL

1562 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  d1ck3r
I TEST DROVE BOTH THIS WEEKEND AND ALL I CAN SAY IS CADDY HAS STEPPED THEIR GAME UP BIG TIME . ANY COMMENTS?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
I TEST DROVE BOTH THIS WEEKEND AND ALL I CAN SAY IS CADDY HAS STEPPED THEIR GAME UP BIG TIME . ANY COMMENTS?
Yes, this post is a joke. There just isn't a comparison between a Caddy and an MB. Besides you are comparing a 2000 model versus a 1996 model. And yes, the 1996 MB model still wins.

· Registered
Current: '14 S550, '99 S500, '10 Prius; Previous: '93 400SEL, '98 Corolla
105 Posts
Yes, I agree.

They are in different classes. A comparison is not useful. I looked at a 2003 Caddy at the Detroit Auto Show. Yes, it's very good. But it's no Mercedes Benz; you can't even compare the Caddy to an early 1990s Benz, much less, later models. The look, the finish, the performance, everything's better with the Benz.

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
The comparison

Some cadillacs are good,they are comfortable and fun to drive, specially the first few years. But as a car broker myself of over 10 years, i can tell you this, the mercedes is in a different league.

Another aspect is the depreciation value. The sad thing about cadillacs even though i like them as well, they dont hold their value. If you purchase a mercedes for 45k and a cadi for 45k...in 5 years the cadi is about 14k while the mercedes is probably 10k more...

I think cadillacs are a great deal specially a used one say 3-5 year old luxurious seville for the money..if you dont have alot of money but want luxury... But mercedes is definitely in a higher league...

ghost

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Correct!
Especially a DeVille STS sedan with carpet top, gold platting and chrome wheels. That car steal hearts.

Or a Cadillac catera sedan (too bad it failed in european car market) OR a SeVille DTS Sedan what cadillac calls it, "The most powerful FRONT wheel drive" car in the entire universe.

Front Wheel Drive.. hmmmmm .. sounds like performance..

I wanna cadi

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys i am saying caddy is trying to compete with this new dts deville . the car drov...

Hey guys i am saying caddy is trying to compete with this new dts deville . the car drove like a dream and was solid and quiet with kick ass power , i test drove a 96 s500 not the new model benz. i would like to compare an 03 s500 to an 03 dts deville.

· Registered
1987 560sec
295 Posts
acctually the catera is called the opel omega, and is selling ok there, not as close to ...

acctually the catera is called the opel omega, and is selling ok there, not as close to how it sucks over here in the states.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.