Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1969 280SE Coupe, 1996 S500
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC is not working. It is charged and I assume the compressor is OK as it does hold the charge, but the compressor does not come on. I am thinking it is some type of electronic control malfunction. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Josh

·
Registered
Current 1992 - 500SEL, W124 - 1989 230E (sold)
1,387 Posts
Its about dozen+ possible things!(low charge,pressure switch, speed sensor on compressor,temp sensors,cabling issue and so on...) i have similar problem but mine works intermittantly so i know there is nothing physicaly broken, i have been thru numerous parts and visits to AC shops and dealer (code scanning) and nobody was able to fix it yet! (i was even willing to throw money at it but even then nobody knows where to start)

Where to start for you is check the pressure in the system even with compressor not working, next would be to check for DTCs (error codes from your AC controler unit ) and go from there.... BTW does you compressor turn over? (with hand reach down and see if that middle bit/cluch turns with hand if not its siezed) also dont assume compressor is ok just that it holds charge that has nothing to do with it..... also taking it to AC shop for free quote doesnt hurt as they can point you to the right direction without even spending any money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts