Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S420
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

1. What is my oil pressure supposed to be? Driving, it seems to always be at about 3.

2. The taillights... ...which bulbs do what? It looks like the two outer (furthers from trunk lock) bulbs are for brakes/taillights, the center bulbs are taillights and the inner bulbs are...? I have a single inner bulb on one side (which doesn't work at all, despite being brand new.) and the inner bulb on the other side has what looks like a factory plug with no bulb or socket...? Not sure if I explained this all that well..:)

3. Is there an OEM radio with a USB port that will fit well?

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
oil should be around 1 bar at idle, depending on rpm, and increases with rpm.

as for the lights, the 2 top are blinkers, outside corner are dual element brake/running lights, the middle single element is running light, and the dual element light that's only on the left side is fog/running light. the lower light is reverse light

and for the radio its already been said any single din radio will fit right in, but you will need some specifics when looking for a replacement, your gonna need a metra brand interface harness for mercedes and land rover with rca jacks, and you will need a radio with 2 sets of preamp outputs front and rear with at the very least 3v output, 4+v is recomended for best sound quality.

hope this helps

·
Registered
1992 600SEL and 1990 ford taurus GL
270 Posts
1. the oil pressure should stay higher, like around 3 or 2 when the engine is cold at idle, then as it warms up it should be at 1 or 1.5 at idle, then at 3 or 2 when your driving. as your accelerating or driving hard, it should be at 3, then as you cruse along it can go down to 2

·
Registered
1992 600SEL and 1990 ford taurus GL
270 Posts
2. i think the newer tail lights are the exact same as far as lighting goes as to the old ones. see the attached pic to see what does what. the only difference is the look im pretty sure. are yours the ones that are red and yellow, or are they they white and red ones?
until about 1994 or 1993 the tail lights where yellow red and where recessed about a half inch. from about 1994 to around 1996 or 1997 then they became yellow and red, but were not recessed. then the very latest versions from 1997 to 1999 were only red and white.

Sorry about the squiggly lines, no i was not wasted i just have a laptop with a pretty lame mouse

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 S500V, 1999 S500 grand edition, 2006 s65 amg
7,356 Posts
oil pressure has to not reach zero. over 1750rpm it has to be 3bar. idle can be anywhere from 1bar-2bar. when cold it should be 3bar.

·
Registered
1996 S420
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for your answers...greatly appreciated and a huge help! -:)
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts