Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S320 V6 178K
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase a 1996 S320, I noticed that when I turn on the defrost (and when I turn on the heat via climate control) I get hot air comming out the front dash windshield vent, however, I get cold air comming out the center consal (air blowing to the rear passengers). It there a switch to turn off the air conditioning to the back. I know about the vent which can be closed, however, I do not want my air conditioning running while I have heat comming through the defrost. Please advise.

·
Registered
1995 MB S320V: 2006 kawasaki vulcan 900 lt
417 Posts
RE: 1996 S320 A/C problems defrost (hot) with cold air blowing to the back passengers?

[:)]the air comming from the center is just fresh air not air conditioned. The only way to control it is to shut the little vents as you have mentioned. To shut off your air conditioning from your climate control press the "ec" button on the climate control panel. Hot air is directed to the back from the vents on the floor under the seats.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
RE: 1996 S320 A/C problems defrost (hot) with cold air blowing to the back passengers?

Barry you *[8D]

·
Registered
201 Posts

I realize the same problem after repairing leaks from the Defroster which cost me $$$$ and now Driver side air is hot where the center ventilation are cold . I return to the mechanical how done the job and he say it's normal ??? I don't thing so , But I don't want to pay again[:)]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts