Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of the listed below stopped working at once,
power windows and sunroof, the windshield wiper and turn signals, the power locks stopped working as well locking from the outside of driver door only locks drivers door I have no idea what relay or module would do this please help i checked all the fuses as well. if anyone knows what it might be please help

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
Hello:).

Wiper, sunroof, windows... tells me that the Combination Control Module is not functioning (CCM). The power locks will not work if the CCM is not functioning. Make sure that the CCM receives power from its fuses (check the fuse panel under the rear seat). It should receive both "always on"power, and switched power (when the key is in position 2).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply
can you tell me where the CCM would be located? is it under the seat or is it under the hood?

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Under the hood, but the fuses are under the seat. The CCM is marked is N10-1. It is the module in the module box passenger side, closest to the firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the help another thing I should add is that after these problems occurred the das system acted up and the lights on my rearview mirror now flash alternately, I assume its because the power locks don't work anymore to disengage the immobilizer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the help another thing I should add is that after these problems occurred the das system acted up and the lights on my rearview mirror now flash alternately, I assume its because the power locks don't work anymore to disengage the immobilizer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Right. It is related. Make sure that the battery is fully charged, and the remote battery is in good condition too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have 2 key fob but only one has a circuit board in it and it looks roasted, (no ir bulb even on it) has never had batteries in it until now because i bought them hoping it would fix my problem

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is working key fob essential after the cars battery gets low? because i have never had a problem with the key fob until it dropped to about 11v from the light that came on from opening my trunk

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
A remote with no IR LED in your case a dead remote. With or without batteries. Does your car start and run ? That means the alarm is not armed.

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Below 11V at the module terminals, do not expect anything to work with these cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it does not fire up all it does is crank over but i have never had a problem with the key fob even the way it was for a while i was only using the key blade on a lanyard i never knew the car needed the chip inside the case to start so why does it need one now?? is it because the battery got to low and the security restarted?

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Yes, whatever you did, caused the alarm to arm, and without disarming it, the car will crank but not start.

You could try resetting the immobilzer. Unlock the car from the trunk with key and then lock it. Then unlock the driver's door. Try starting the car. Then follow with your fob programming (if the fob works).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
even if locking the trunk only locks the trunk?? same with the drivers door it only locks the drivers door no other doors lock anymore from the outside

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
would i have to get a new fob from the dealership? i bought this car used and haven't had any problems until now

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Right. Start with both trunk and driver's door locked with your key. The sequence allows you to reset the immobilizer, so your car at least can start (if the procedure works). You do not need a new fob, if you just use your key to lock/unlock the door and for ignition, as long as the alarm is not activated by something, like trying to open the locked door from the open window.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts