Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install and aftermarket handsfree kit for a Motorola Startac or V60C phone and want to know if anyone has the pin-outs from the E-Class. I would like to use the existing microhone, speakers, radio mute, and power antenna. Does anyone know if the power antenna will work with a Tri-mode phone ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am thinking of doing the same, the 799 for the Argos box is way too expensive, though it works with the command system and bluetooth. I just wanted the pinouts to connect this to the mm jack on any normal cell phone, and remove the phone etc from the console. I am thinking of putting a carpc in. Anyone find a headrest LCD that does tv and VGA?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,889 Posts
Apparently, neither of you are in the U.S. - at least, I hope. Neither the StarTac nor the V60C is E-911 compliant - meaning they will not give your GPS location when you make a 911 call. U.S. cellular compaanies won't accept these phones on their networks any longer. The only E-911 compliant V60 is the V60S.

If you are not in the U.S., this should not be a concern - but I can't help with the question on installing on cars earlier than '99-00.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SL500 yr2000: Motorola StarTac pinout for SL 2000, Mic wires

I am also looking for the pinout of the cable that connects to the old analogue Motorola StarTac phone.

After a lot of reading and being frustrated not to be able to have an AUX input so I can use my iPhone as music source, I decided to buy a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 radio. I just installed it in my sons E320 of 1998 and it works great. But since that car did not had a microphone, I installed the one that came with the radio.

However I now am trying to install the same radio in my SL500 year 2000. To do this cleanly I like to use the microphone that is build into the car. For that I need to be able to locate the 2 wires from the microphone so I can re-route them to the back of the new Stereo.

a. So does anyone have a wiring diagram that tells me where I can find the microphone wires. The logical point would be that is connected to the cable that is plugged into the Motorola StarTac phone. So is there anyone out there that has the pinout of this phone connector?

b. is there anyone that can provide me the details of the wiring harness that goes into the radio?

I would be happy to report back all my findings as I know there are a lot of people out there trying to replace their stereo (adding AUX in and Bluetooth)
Thank you so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts