Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find somewhere or someone that can help me source the correct air bags for this E300 om606. On the US websites people seem to provide the saloon ones with fitting kits but no one seems to know if they are the same as the estate version I have.
Anyone know what bags will fit and what else I need to fit. Never done one before but looking forward to stating it and then selecting my management system.
Cheers in advance

rear for reference

Front for reference

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
946 Posts
I thought you meant SRS airbags until I saw the suspension pictures,

My ‘98 RWD wagon/estate has the same front suspension as my ‘98 RWD sedan/saloon (sold). Rear is very similar except for springs and struts, which are the key components to replace with bags :/ I wouldn’t expect a saloon kit to be plug-n-play but maybe not too difficult to customize.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 195K miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, least I know where I stand on the front, I may have to accept that I will need to get a tape measure out to the rear and do some thinking! Cheers

·
Registered
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 1998 E320 rwd
38 Posts
Spackrackman,

The estate/wagon uses a hydrologic system off the power steering pump, not an air bag. The "bag" part is called the accumulator and they are often available on ebay. That's where I scooped up mine and they work well! As for the struts, they they tend to be quite pricey, so I'd suggest you grab them from your wrecker when ever an estate comes around. I have 2 pairs sitting in my garage incase someone needs a set, or if I require one.

Meats

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,006 Posts
Ok, least I know where I stand on the front, I may have to accept that I will need to get a tape measure out to the rear and do some thinking! Cheers
But that will trigger SRS malfunction. I mean you banging your head against steering wheel.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts