Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very low milage (27K) white SL500. I have been told that the car is perfect, and was well maintained.<br>
<br>
They want 32K for it. <br>
<br>
Can someone please tell me about the 1995 SL? Is the motor reliable? Is the car in general a reliable daily driver? How good a sports car is it? I am an agressive driver and I like a car that can take a curve without getting all bent out of shape. I realize this may be a compromise between luxury and sport, but I'd be dissapointed if it's a pig in the twisties.<br>
<br>
I keep hearing about how these cars deteriorate quickly...is there any truth to this? I am seeing very good prices for these years and I wonder if I'm getting into a white elephant.<br>
<br>
TIA for any advice or info. (just between you and me...I hope to hear that it's a great car because I love the way this car looks)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bought a 95 myself with 90000 miles and it looks and handles perfect. If you are refering to to the article you read on a website I wouldn't be concerned. Good luck, George

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SL500 are very reliable car, very solid, handle very well almost forever if well maintained. Don't worry, these cars are very solid, they don't deteriorate very much. You should consider a 1996 do, since they made a facelift in 1996, very interesting nappa contour seat, dash is different, bumper, ligths and couple of other things, they will probably keep their value a tadd more...and give you more for your money. If you're an agressive driver, you should consider one with the sport package, the 18'inch wheels change the balance and handling of the car..Hope you find the right car..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts