Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 95’ SL600 for $2500 and found that upon hard acceleration the engine fights to get up in the revs under load. Think it has something to do with my throttle body wiring. My injector wiring has already been replaced. The mass air flow wires also need done.
As you can see in the picture below my throttle body wiring is extremely shot. Since this topic has been discussed often on this forum I only have a few questions, what gauge of wire should I use, and should I try to match the factory color?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick response, where should I get the wires from? Do I need to match the factory color?
Thanks again,
Bill

·
Registered
87' 190E 16V / 93' 600SL / 02' G500
1,197 Posts
It may sound strange but when I redid my throttle bodies I went to an auto wrecker and started collecting long lengths of body harness from a few newer (of course..)Mercedes and used the wires to rebuild my harness. My reasoning was I could use colour coded wires to repair the mess and I could match the wire core size as the harness had an assortment of proper gauge wires.

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
See post 12 for some links on your rebuild..

Martin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After rewiring the right throttle body on my 1996 sl600 I still have the ASR light and a weird wining sound and smoke is coming from what looks like under the fuel pressure reg attached is a video.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn’t realize you can’t attach a video, here is a picture of where the noise and smoke is coming from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts