Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1995 S420 Oil Filter

4087 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ychachad
I have located the oil filter for this car. Then, with a 13 mm socket, I removed this 7-inch long bolt. But the cover (which is round, but has star shaped ribs on it) still refuses to come out. It does not twist by hand nor pull out. Do I need a special tool to turn it, and where can I purchase it? Has anyone changed their filter? Thanks in advance.
Y. Chachad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
yes you need a tool to open it. under there lies the oil filter.

find it at your local...

yes you need a tool to open it. under there lies the oil filter.

find it at your local tool shop, i dont know what its called. but cant open it with your hands.

· Always Remembered RIP
496 Posts
If you go to the main dealer and ask for a "oil filter removal tool" they should know wh...

If you go to the main dealer and ask for a "oil filter removal tool" they should know what your after. Costs around £5 in the UK.

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many, many thanks to the both of you.
Y. Chachad...

Many, many thanks to the both of you.
Y. Chachad

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer no help

The dealer here in Indiana says that is a shop tool, and they cannot order it. Any help as to where I can find it in USA on the net would be most appreciated.

If you go to the main dealer and ask for a "oil filter removal tool" they should know what your after. Costs around £5 in the UK.
[:(!]

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Re: Dealer no help

The dealer here in Indiana says that is a shop tool, and they cannot order it. Any help as to where I can find it in USA on the net would be most appreciated.
Take your car to ure local oil filter change place and ask them, they should be able to tell you. If not then i can order one i think.

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Dealer no help

Take your car to ure local oil filter change place and ask them, they should be able to tell you. If not then i can order one i think.
Thanks for all the help, however, the only tool required to remove the cap on the oil filter is a 13mm socket. NO OTHER TOOL IS NECESSARY.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.