Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
No it's an old myth people think the double glazing in these cars is some kind of protection package. Bulletproof glass is about an inch thick.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
These people should all be asked to take a bullet from the driver's seat. They'd eventually be extinct and we could all stop talking about this.

·
Registered
603 Posts
These people should all be asked to take a bullet from the driver's seat. They'd eventually be extinct and we could all stop talking about this.
i think the same here, and god why are these people off the brain with these bulletproof things man, i remember my last tme when i got pulled over in my 300se i told the state trooper that my car windows are bullet proof he goes like :eek: thats how important you are??:mad:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was pulled over once with my window halfway down, the cop was like "Damnnnn are these bullet proof?" I was like "Yeah, it helps when you're part of the mafia." He gave me one of the funniest looks and just let me go haha.

·
W140 Moderator
7,513 Posts
If i should get so lucky to be pulled over by the Police i will ask ,if it s a nice Policeman ,to shot my Window so we all know .LOL....:sawzall:
My Guess is that the Bullet would only make a Bullet hole but not shutter or brake the whole Glass , :confused:mmmh ?

·
Registered
895 Posts
The thikness of the bulletproof glasses depend on several things..
If they're only to stop small projectiles.. Like B4-security.. Then tha glass would be max 1" thick..
But if the car have B5 or B6 security, then the glasses can be up to 3 inches thick..
Yes, 3"... These windows will normally not open.. But the 1" would still be electric-operated.. (Only difference, TWO electric motors)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts