Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1995 S 600

933 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ychachad
The cost of replacing the two mass airflow sensors and the two electronic ignition modules is $8,500. This sedan had only 45,000 miles on the odometer! There is a lot to be said for extended warranties when purchasing the V-12 or any of the older 140 sedans.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1995 MB S320V: 2006 kawasaki vulcan 900 lt
414 Posts
$8,500.

I question whether all these expensive repairs are realy necessary.

I read a post recently where an owner was quoted $8000. to fix a transmission that was shifting out of 2nd slowly when the car was cold on first starting. The manual states this is a design feature to warm the catalitic converter quickly, and is normal.

Ivestigate before you take some crooked mechanics word.

Barry[B)]

· Registered
27 Posts
The cost of replacing the two mass airflow sensors and the two electronic ignition modules is $8,500. This sedan had only 45,000 miles on the odometer! There is a lot to be said for extended warranties when purchasing the V-12 or any of the older 140 sedans.
That seems like too much. I don't how much it should be but seriously that's almost the cost of the engine itself.

· Registered
1995 S420
553 Posts
Re: Re: 1995 S 600

No, the cost of replacing that engine is in excess of $40,000. Believe it oir not!!!!
That seems like too much. I don't how much it should be but seriously that's almost the cost of the engine itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.