Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I have been eyeing this blk/blk 95 320 Cabrio, very low mileage (under 40k) and I really like the car. Unfortunately, unlike the LWB's, the Cabrio is very limited (10 from 1990-1996?) and is hard to put a value on. This is the model prior to the "powertop" and comes with both a removable hardtop & a soft top. Anybody want to take a stab at what ballpark this truck should be in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
Hey brent...

i have no idea on the value. Call europa, they can tell you what they would try and sell it for... that'll be your upper limit. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, (you can do a search on it i think) but i think those hard tops are like 3k-5k alone.

Another question is if the low mileage is due to the wiring harness issue brent had with his 1996?... maybe they never figured it out and so it hasn't got too many miles on for fear of stranding them. Could be a nice way bargain the price if it's from a year that suffers from that problem but doesn't have the replacement service performed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Norm Keiser might have sold that one to Europa. When I was looking he had a VERY similar (same steering wheel, different rims) one. He said it wasn't for sale for a while...he was going to keep it. I left the market for a while and it was gone by the time I got back in and ended up buying from Norm. If it is the same, I think Norm priced it in the 40s. I may be completely wrong and/or I may be confusing it with one of the 90-91s Norm had. Also: why no airbag on a 95?

"1 of only 10 CABRIO's in the USA 1990 through 1996"
Your text here

Now that's propaganda I can use if I ever sell. Is it true? Who knows - or cares!

·
BenzWorld G Class Host
2002 800RMK
1,518 Posts
I am pretty sure the car in question is at Europa, so calling them will net you the same big number[xx(]

The wiring harness is NOT a big deal. I did mine in my driveway in just a few hours. I think the part was $500+ but it made a substantial difference. The M104 engine in that truck will also likely need a $1000 headgasket job at some point, usually around 60-70k miles.

That said, I doubt you can bargain much based on those points. It isn't going to get you far with the owner of the vehicle. They know it is extremely rare, they are trying to get as much as possible for it. I don't know how long it has been for sale or how needy the seller is. One likely scenario is that it is an original Europa car that was sold for six figures. The wealthy owner has moved on to other toys over the years and this one is for sale. Probably not desperate to sell.

So a nice LWB '95 G320 with 40k miles might be worth $35k these days, probably less. What kind of premium over that are you willing to pay? My problem is that once you add $10 or 15k you are well into G500 LWB territory, not to mention all sorts of other neat machinery. You really have to want it, or the seller really needs to dump it. Only you can decide if the premium is worth it for you to own such a nicely kept and rare bird.

I personally hope intrest wanes as this body style passes. I would love to get into a G500 cab, even with the goofy (ugly) powertop. I am not going to spend $70-80k for one though. My other consideration will be an off lease G55k. Me thinks the market will continue downward[:)]

Make an offer, a lowball one if you wish. Be prepared to walk away from it for a while if the price isn't agreeable. Make sure this is what you REALLY want. You do not want to be in a position where you need to sell. You will be stuck with it because the number of folks willing to pay the premium are few and far between.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts