Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300TD, 1995 E420, 1949 GMC 1Ton flatbed, 1973 Buick Centurion Convertible
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have successfully resurrected a 1995 E420 that was parked over 5 years ago. I drained the fuel, replaced the fuel pumps and got it running yesterday! While it was parked, someone stole the air intake assembly. I am looking for a used one, but in the mean time was wondering if anyone could recommend an after-market assembly that I could connect to the Mass Air Flow intake that would allow me to safely run the engine until such time I can locate original equipment?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,040 Posts
Don't run an aftermarket cone type filter. You need the original type since the air temp sensors are located inside the snorkels by the headlights.

Also, aftermarket filters tends to kill the MAFs in short order.

How could someone steal the intake while parked unless you left the car unlocked or the hood open???

·
Outstanding Contributor
'85 300D Turbo, '91 420SEL, '92 190E 2.6, '09 C350, '12 E63 Wagon
3,123 Posts
www.car-part.com seems to list many, but says S class is compatible?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't speak to the way it was stolen... but it was parked for years by the fellow I bought it from. He must have left it unlocked.

·
Registered
W124
4,829 Posts
I can't speak to the way it was stolen... but it was parked for years by the fellow I bought it from. He must have left it unlocked.
Probably just a case of someone removing it to diagnose a/the problem, setting it aside for a while, and then it disappearing. Lots of things can happen over a few years. I'm helping a friend with his Pantera and when I asked him for the air cleaner he said it was somewhere in his garage. We are still looking...

As for a replacement, contact these folks and talk him out of the two snorkles and the forward cover too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
www.car-part.com seems to list many, but says S class is compatible?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
JZ, thanks for the lead on Carp-part.com! I was not aware of them. Believe I've found what I need a several locations!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts