Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ummm....

None. "E36" is a BMW 3-series and they were never modified by AMG.<p>If you mean "C36", about 5,000 C36 AMGs were sold worldwide, with about 1,500 sold in the U.S.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ummm....E36

No Brian, that's not what Mike meant.<br>I think I know what you meant Mike...!<br>These are made for some of the Asian Country.<br>But none of them are coupe. I am pretty sure of that.<br>They are basically a W210 E-Class with C36 AMG Engine in it. And it has the same body kit as E50, and E55 AMG. With 272 hp and 380 NM of torque, and available only for right-hand drive<br>I know that becasue I have a 1996 AMG Brochure (in English) which intended for some Asian and Some European countries.<br>And in this brochure, also available G36 AMG (G-Class) G Wagen Jeep with C36 AMG engine in it also.<br>Hope info this helps.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

J,<p>I read just about every automotive publication under the sun, and have never heard of the 3.6 AMG engine in anything other than the C36.<p>Not that I'm doubting you, because I don't know everything. But if you have any way of getting the brouchure on the net, I for one would love to see it. Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ed, <br>I understand, I was confused too the first time I heard the description of the brochure. It's hard to believe they have E36 AMG (W210) which I never heard before.<br>I bought the brochure from a guy in Netherland through <B>Ebay(</B>. <br>I bought:<br>1. 1 (1996) brochure (in English) which include E36 AMG, ang G36 AMG) <br>2. 1 (1997) brochure (in Germany) which include C36, E50, etc, and <br>3. 1 (1998) brochure (in Germany) which include C43, E55, etc.<p>As for the E36 the horsepower is (272 hp (DIN) which is equivalent to 268 hp in US) and available starting form January 1996. This is the early engine of C36 in US (1995 and 1996)<p>Ed, what is you email address, I can give you that guys email address so you can contact him directly.<p>I am going to buy another germany brochure for E46 M3 and C32 AMG (W203) from him as well (if they are available yet).<p>PS: If they are not available anymore, and you still interested probably I can scan it for you, and send it to you electronically.<p>Hope this info help.<br>Regards,<p>J Irwan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Mike said 1995 E36 coupe. The W210 started production in late 1995 and was never manufactured as a coupe. Either Mike really means E36 (or C36) sedan, or he is talking about a 1995 E36 (W124 E-class) coupe, which nobody seems to have heard of.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Ummm....E36

I am very interested on any information available on the E36 Coupe Mercedes Benz. <br> I would like to clarify one thing and that is they do exist. I own one but not from new. I picked it up in London in 1999. The car is a 95 model but i did not get the user manual with it. I am very interested to know how many were made as i have only seen a C 36 AMG which is the sedan.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Ummm....E36

Yes there was an E36.<br> <br> J.Irwan was correct in stating that this car is in Sedan form, with body kit not unlike the E50's and E55's that superseeded it.<br> <br> I actually have an article in a UK car mag called 'CAR'. It was written back in 1996 and just located it in my archives. The piece compares two silver cars, the E36 vs the C36.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ummm....E36

I have recently purchased a 1997 E36 AMG (Avantguarde) and would like to a) establish performance and mpg stats and b) obtain an owners manual, if they exist?<br> <br> Any info would be appreciated?<br> <br> Thanks....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,<p> Just wondering how many E36 AMG's were produced?<p>Thanks,<p>Mike
Mike, a bit late this...

The W124 E36 Coupe was imported into the UK between 1993 and 1997 in very small numbers. It had the best performance figures for the right hand drive W124 E class and was equivalent to the E420 (only available in LHD like the E500). Official imports: Coupe = 24, Cabriolet = 14, Estate = 7 and the Saloon = 12. All reached 155mph except the Estate (149mph). The Coupe reached 0-62 in 7secs, the cabriolet/Estate 7.2secs. Further stats for the Coupe:
Engine 3,604cc straight-six, Power [email protected],750rpm, Torque 284lb/[email protected],750rpm, Transmission 4-speed auto, Weight 1.540kg. Source Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine. Got one myself :) beautiful!

·
Premium Member
Mercedes/BMW/Ferrari
192 Posts
There is a 1996 E36 AMG cabriolet with a customs hold in Northern California right now...1 of 29 built by Mercedes/AMG--ALmandine with Black Leather/Racing division cloth

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guest (MBNZ) said:
I have recently purchased a 1997 E36 AMG (Avantguarde) and would like to a) establish performance and mpg stats and b) obtain an owners manual, if they exist?<br> <br> Any info would be appreciated?<br> <br> Thanks....

I too own a W210 E36 AMG and are currently in the process of selling this model. Truly superb AMG... with regard to performance stats, book times are as follows; 0-60mph in 6.7 seconds, limited to 155mph and will deliver roughly 27mpg.
I believe in the UK only around 180 units were ever sold making it quite rare even for an AMG (not sure about other global markets) although no where near as unique as the W124 E36.
Over the last year I have managed to pick up various AMG brochures off of good old Ebay for the exact model.

Hope the above helps

Nath

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts