Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I was planning to seal the front windshield gasket. I started the car up and backed it up a few feet to give me room to work. I then opened the hood, pulled the windshield gasket back and vacuumed out some of the debris around the area and may have knocked something under the hood, but for the life of me I can't find it. Not sure how it would be related, but I also vacuumed in the trunk. Before I could get any further with that project, I had to run an errand and alas, the car wouldn't start. I don't hear a repeating click. the engine doesn't even try to turn over. I can hear what sounds like a few components under the hood try to start doing their thing. Radio, lights, power windows, etc. work fine. The battery with ignition off is 12.4v. Can anyone give me ideas what to look for or where to check?

Thanks

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmm, but will start in neutral

It does start in neutral I just found. I read about a failing neutral safety switch causing this. Could I have accidentally made it sad with the vacuum? Where is it? Any info is appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts