Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my first Mercedes and after having some minor (thank God) tranny work taken care of, it's time to buy new tires which it desperately needs. I haven't been able to find the answer to my question, though.

The car has the 205/60R15 's on it, now, with the stock Mercedes rims. My question is, can I put a bigger tire on that rim? I'm not looking to upgrade the rims yet, and may never do so. However, I would like bigger tires, or at least wider tires if possible. Does anyone know what is the biggest tire is that I can put on without it rubbing/causing problems?

It is a 1995 E320 sedan -- thanks so much for the help!

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Recently purchased my first Mercedes and after having some minor (thank God) tranny work taken care of, it's time to buy new tires which it desperately needs. I haven't been able to find the answer to my question, though.

The car has the 205/60R15 's on it, now, with the stock Mercedes rims. My question is, can I put a bigger tire on that rim? I'm not looking to upgrade the rims yet, and may never do so. However, I would like bigger tires, or at least wider tires if possible. Does anyone know what is the biggest tire is that I can put on without it rubbing/causing problems?

It is a 1995 E320 sedan -- thanks so much for the help!
Welcome...please click user cp and add your vehicle and location to to your profile, it's useful info.

You're already running an oversize tire; stock is 195/65-15. Usually one size is all you can go before you get rubbing, and one more may be too wide for your wheels depending on the specific tire.

The W124 is a very popular car for mods, including tires and wheels. May I suggest you head over to that forum and read/search/post in there and you'll get some great info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts