Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E300D
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 E320 Coupe Renovation. 110K miles.
Picked up this beauty about a year ago from original owner. It sat in a garage for 5 years under a car cover. Perfect paint and interior! zero rust.
Got it home and began by changing all the fluids and filters bumper to bumper even differential gear oil. New spark plugs.
it had
Intermittent starting problem. Turned out to be the fuel pump relay.
Had a check engine light due to defective ecojunk wiring. replaced bad wiring.
A/C din't work, turned out to be a wiring harness pin had broken at compressor connector.
Cabin fan was inop: replaced cabin fan speed control module.
Fuel level was erratic. removed fuel tank, cleaned the fuel sending unit, installed new fuel tank strainer.
Installed new fuel filter.
Removed the 15" stock wheels and added 17" AMG wheels and tires.
Runs and drives like a dream.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,934 Posts
Very nice looking, love the coupe style... don't forget the lower harness and getting the ETA rewired, they also suffer from the eco wire problems.

Also start sourcing spare parts, the seat belt extenders are NLA, you need to find spares at a pick and pull, while they are still around. The external mirror rubbers may be NLA as well, last time I looked 4 years ago, the passenger side was about $300 and the drivers side was just over $1000, not kidding... The HVAC pods (6 total I think) are going NLA, maybe 2 of them are still available.
I'd buy spare headlight lens now while you can get them, or you'll end up with cheap rep's if one breaks
If your going to keep it long term, start parts searching now... I have several shelves of spare and rare parts for my 4 124's, you should do the same.

If ya get a chance, post some more pictures, really nice looking coupe...good luck

·
Registered
1995 E300D
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice.
I do have a spare 95' E320 for spare parts.

What is the ETA?

Jetdude

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,934 Posts
ETA

Thanks for the advice.
I do have a spare 95' E320 for spare parts.

What is the ETA?

Jetdude
Like a Throttle body - Electronic Throttle Actuator

It has a cable which is not meant to be replaced, hard wired inside the actuator. Must be disassembled, old wire de-soldered, new custom made cable soldered back in and reusing the original connector. Several folks do this as a job, Victor in NY does a lot of them, Welcome to RestoreYourMercedes , just remove it, mail it to him and he'll rewire and test it and mail it back.

good luck

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts