Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 380sl
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick details of problem. Passenger door operates all electrical options properly when door is opened. Drivers door will not turn overhead lights on or allow seat controls to operate and downlight under door does not come on. I have replaced push switch with no improvement. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,049 Posts
Hi. If this regards a 1995 E320 Cabriolet, I believe you're in the wrong forum. That said, the '95 E320 cabriolet had a lot of commonalities with the R129's, which I know a great deal about. And, I'm pretty sure I saw the same exact thing over there one time.

If the passenger's side controls work, but the driver's don't, I'd look at the light and seat control wiring where they come together and pass from the door to the cabin. I think there are wiring harnesses there. I'd bet they're disconnected.

·
Registered
1985 380sl
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s awesome. I’ll look at it in the am!! Will it be on the door side or the frame side if your remember? Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,049 Posts
Unfortunately, I do not remember. That should be a good starting place. Other things you can do is see if the driver's power mirror is working. And open the driver's door, then the passenger's, and see if the driver's door's lights come on. That will help you localize the issue. But really, I think there's a disconnected harness. ...Though with it being a cabriolet, it's possible you got water inside the door card and the electronics over there got wet. That would be a bummer. But, easily swapped out if you can find the parts. And you'll want to seal that door card.

All the best!

·
Registered
1989 300SE 232k miles
1,049 Posts
Thanks @isthenew .

Moving to W/C124 for OP
I was going to suggest in the future he try the W124 forums for the E-class things. But also the R129 forums for the cabrio stuff. Which may be hard to differentiate. As something like this might just be a cabriolet problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts