Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum! Growing up, I have read and learned so much from you all!

I have a 1995 E300D that has been running off of Propel's Renewable Diesel HPR for about a year and a half now. (I love it). I have been curious about running B20 and higher percentages of biodiesel, and want to make all the necessary changes at once to avoid future leaks from bio-based fuels. My braided return lines are finally starting to sweat, so I figure that I am going to order 6 feet of High-Temperature Firm Viton Fluoroelastomer Opaque Tubing (P/N 5119K79) 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD to replace them. I am also going to order the fryerpower viton o-ring kit for the OM 606 engine.

Other than this, I wanted to know if there is anything else I should look into replacing/upgrading that would otherwise not withstand B100 biodiesel.

I am not doing the WVO conversion, just prepping for biodiesel and other alternative fuels. :)

Thanks in advance!

-Jeremy M

·
Registered
35,669 Posts
I drove OM606 on 100% bio with no modifications just fine.
Mind I had about 100 gallons of bio and then switched back to diesel, but none of the myths like clog filter or orings going bad materialized.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Contrary to Kajtek1, I ran from B5-B99 for a few years. The rubber bits dissolved throughout the system with higher concentrations. From the fill door to the return lines. I had to redo the whole system after the valve cover seal melted and there was close to a gallon of fuel soaking into the engine which almost set the car aflame. Motor mounts, hoses, and anything the fuel had come in contact with needed attention.

Be very very careful using BioD above B10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
redghost
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing