Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A forum search here yielded this information,
~~~

"The Special Edition models were introduced around April of 1995, so not all 1995 W124 models were Special Editions. The Special Edition package included special metallic paint, special 6 hole alloy wheels, integrated analog cell phone, trunk mounted six-disk CD player, high performance 10 speaker sound system, drivers seat memory, electrically adjustable steering column (no tilt), stainless steel door sills and burl walnut interior trim. On the E320 and E300 diesel the extra cost was $1,295 for the options that were worth about $4,300. The E420 package cost only $495 since it already had burl walnut trim, driver seat memory and the high performance 10 speaker sound system. Paint colors available were Moonstone Grey, Azure Blue, Sapphire Black (exclusive to the Special Edition) and a new color called Brilliant Emerald Green. I think these were the only colors used on the Special Editions."

~~~~

Does anyone know the part number for these, and whether they are still sold separately, and suggest a link to a picture, and know the price and ease of installation. (I am about to have the car painted anyway) and might buy a set if I can, and like how they look.

·
Registered
925 Posts
This is what we have in Hong Kong, a master piece edition that included...
1) upgraded wood
2) special design rims
3) wood sterring wheel and gear knob
4) door sill
5) side and rear curtain
6) full leather int (not MB-TEX) front center armrest

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 1995 E420 SE is green, but not 'Brilliant Emerald'. I don't think. Color code 269, listed variously as 'Emerald Pearl', 'Spruce Green', or from 1992. 'Avante Garde Green'. Depending on website used for VIN search, as I don't have the original window sheet, being later in the ownership chain. Also why the phone wasn't there, nor the CD changer...

Anybody know what 269 color was being called in '95? Brilliant Emerald?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Also why the phone wasn't there, nor the CD changer...
Because who ever bought the car back then......didn't order them.

FYI, the phone is analog and so has been unusable for about 7 years; the CD player only plays store bought discs, not MP3 or burned discs.

Your car has the harness for the CD player already in place, so if you really want one in the trunk, you can do it if you can find a used player. Or maybe beckerautosound dot com sells refurbished units.

·
Premium Member
10,115 Posts
Because who ever bought the car back then......didn't order them.

FYI, the phone is analog and so has been unusable for about 7 years; the CD player only plays store bought discs, not MP3 or burned discs.

Your car has the harness for the CD player already in place, so if you really want one in the trunk, you can do it if you can find a used player. Or maybe beckerautosound dot com sells refurbished units.
Although the Alpine CD changer in the back was a good idea in its day, its concept now is virtually obsolete. I had this set-up with the better Bose factory sound system. Given that you can plug your Ipod, mp3 player or junk drive into today's headset, fooling around with a CD changer in the back is just folly. Becker of North America will convert your original headset to input mp3 players or you can buy one of their newer models to maintain the MB factory 'look'.

And if you don't care about the MB factory 'look', there are almost endless aftermarket headset/speaker/crossover combinations.

Kevin

·
Registered
323 Posts
to clarify - it was not a question, but a statement... '(That was) why the phone and CD changer were gone.'

But they were there previously - I still have the phone amp/controller/whatever and the changer bracket as evidence. Not that I wanted either, and the extra space in the phone bin is needed :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Not sure whether to put in the eBay thread or here but found these online:

They are advertised as being specifically for the W124 chassis... obviously sedan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts