Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in replacing my cassette deck head unit (now exhibiting symptoms of a loose wire - heavy braking or potholes result in dramatic volume changes) with a JVC KD-SH707 MP3 CD unit. I am interested in this particular unit for a couple of reasons: I want to be able to utilize my Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox via the front-panel AUX in port, the brushed aluminum faceplate looks cool, and for the MP3 encoded CD playback capability.<br>
Will this unit fit properly into my dash? Perhaps I've not searched diligently enough, but I was not able to find any resource on the web that indicated what vehicles a replacement head unit would or would not fit into correctly. Secondly, if the unit does fit, what problems will be encountered in the wiring? I have the standard Alpine (5690?)6-disk CD changer in the trunk, but would have no need of it - the Nomad has a 20gig harddrive.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are no problems fitting this unit to your dash. It is the same size and should work well in there. If you want to get a harness adapter then you wont have to cut the harness to install. Do you have the bose system?<br> <br> [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts