Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey comrades..

Here is my minor rebuild thread for this 1995 C220 Classic I bought last week..

It has 266 000km on the clock, besides the shoddy body work it actually drives like a dream! Starts up every time.. Got it for a reasonable price, and cost me just over $150 in parts to repair..

Things that needed attention:

- Trunk side carpets missing
- Trunk plastic trim missing
- Hood heat shield missing
- Front engine cover missing
- Body trim under front right headlight missing
- front left fender dented
- remove paint off grill
- front right fender scuffed
- front bumper minor damage and scratches
- Rear lights needed alignment
- immobilizer plug was located in the trunk
- Paint needed a thorough polish + restore
- professional engine wash
- PSE pump diagnose (was dead)
- Interior sunvisor was missing
- rear license plate attached poorly
- re-align entire front end

As you can see by the list, all the repairs were ONLY cosmetic.. The car runs beautifully, and could use some more work.. But my repair budget per car is limited, so the next owner can fix up what ever he likes.. At least he wont break down :D Reliable and fuel efficient.. Just not the same without leather and electric windows lol..

All repairs were pretty straight forward, just consumed some time :thumbsup: and elbow greese lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics..

Attachments

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and the final pics :)

Just sharing.. I know its not perfect, but its 10 times better than when I first got it from the previous owner lol:thumbsup:

**** Please note the interior has not yet been clean, so excuse the interior pics lol *****

Attachments

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
***UPDATE***

Bought a boot spoiler, had to pay around $70.. Will get it painted tomorow. Even came with the light :) lol.. Didn't have much choice since the bootlid had holes drilled for a spoiler previously attached.. So it was either I put a spoiler or have to do body work.. Took the easiest rout lol..

Will take some pics and update possibly tomorow.. The car still driving strong, and gotta say loving the fuel efficiency compared to my S-Class.. But does not come close to the comfort, style and safety of my S320 :D

Will update the pics soon!

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixing fixing fixing...

- Boot spoiler (with light) added today..

- Interior had professional cleaning.

- Upgraded center console to "Zebrano Wood" instead of that cheap plastic.

- Replaced gear shifter boot with genuine leather one.

- Cleaned trunk and spare wheel, charged up the battery.

- Gave it a good clean on the outside and took some fresh pics, now its ready to be listed for sale :D

Attachments

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUICK FIX!!!!

Is your bonnet latch handle slightly broken? See the first two pics of how to fix it using only 1 screw!! Works perfectly now lol..

The rest are of how the car looks like today :) Much better than when it came in..

I think I have done all that I can do for now.. The rest is up to the new owner :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
A screw? good fix, plus no-one will ever see it.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A screw? good fix, plus no-one will ever see it.
Yep!!

Was my best idea on this entire build lol.. Some of the best are always the simplest.

I hope it at least helps some one else, coz it sure helped me from buying a replacement hood latch handle :)

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to mention one more thing about the car..

Adding the boot spoiler made it much easier for me to see where the trunk ends, so reverse parking became a breeze :D

The vehicle is currently being enjoyed by its new owner.. Now onto the next one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts