Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 S320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 S320 built 6/95 and also a home made code reader. On pin #6 I get 4 flashes andfrom the MB Fault code manual that tells me the rear axle sensors are open curcit. Am I on track. I clear the codes and sometimes the code come back imediately when I start the car with just a quick flash and the ABS ET lights are on. At times They will stay off for a few minutes or if I move the steering wheel. I have cleaned the 2 rear sensors and cleaned the right front one. The wires seem in good shape. This car does not have ADS ARS
Hove can I check the wheel sensors to know they are working properly
Any help would be good

·
Registered
95 S320 - Polar white; 95 S600 - Black Pearl
294 Posts
I have a 1995 S320 built 6/95 and also a home made code reader. On pin #6 I get 4 flashes andfrom the MB Fault code manual that tells me the rear axle sensors are open curcit. Am I on track. I clear the codes and sometimes the code come back imediately when I start the car with just a quick flash and the ABS ET lights are on. At times They will stay off for a few minutes or if I move the steering wheel. I have cleaned the 2 rear sensors and cleaned the right front one. The wires seem in good shape. This car does not have ADS ARS
Hove can I check the wheel sensors to know they are working properly
Any help would be good
You are likely to have a broken connection inside one of the cable assemblies leading to the rear sensors. It usually occurs on the front wires but the rears can also have the same problem. The dealer can pinpoint the wheel involved.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1995 S320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to test the sensors on or off the car. What would be the proceedure

·
Premium Member
1995 S320
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update I have cleaned the rear wheel sensors. The plastic teeth on the hub seem okay I pulled the back seat out and put an ohm meter across both rear sensors I came up with 2 reads 1.760 on one side and 1.806 on the other. Would they be strong enough reading. They were taken without turning the wheels. If everything is good at that point where is the next place to check??? At the wiring harness where?????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts