Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 1994 SL500. Does anyone know any idiosynchronies of this car. What should I look out for. Is the 1995 model significantly better?
I have heard the suspension can cause problems, has anyone else come across this problem?

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Steven: Wonderful looking car and great Fall photo . . . what are the wheels -- make, si...

Steven: Wonderful looking car and great Fall photo . . . what are the wheels -- make, size?? They look great !
CQRT in AZ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love mine

Thank you for the compliment on my car. The rims are from the 2003/2004 SL500 They're 255/45/17 It's an ultra tight fit up front but without rub. Any larger would definately not work as the front tires at best has 1/4 inch clearance from the shock tower. The rears can go a little larger, I think 275 or 285 but I'm happy as is. If you find one post what you get and best of luck. Steve

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Be careful, as your 4200+ pound car has its wheels being held on by less than 1mm all ar...

Be careful, as your 4200+ pound car has its wheels being held on by less than 1mm all around each lug.

(You are using wheels intended for use with 14mm lugs on a vehicle with 12mm lugs... the ball seats are different sizes so, because the round surfaces are different radius, they only contact each other on a very small strip of material... think of putting a melon into a larger bowl and see how much it touches)

-s-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Safe and Secure

Thanks S.. I bought new lugs with the same seat and more than enough tread fed through the rotor, they're more than secure, but thanks for the heads up. [:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts