Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1994 SL 320 100,000+
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 1994 SL320. Roll bar warning light on dash and switch flashing off and on. It doesn't matter if the bar is up or down. Any possible causes or repairs?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had that when I was fiddling with my fuse box, clean the contacts on the rollbar fuse and make sure it's properly seated.

·
Registered
1994 SL 320 100,000+
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned the contacts - did not correct the problem. The roll bar operates on command and appears to go all the way up and down. I don't know if it will deploy in an emergency. My best guess is that there is a sensor on the vehicle and needs to be checked out. Looks like another trip to the dealer. $$$

I did a temp repair - placed black electrical tape over the warning light on the dash.

Open to suggestions - Thanks

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,236 Posts
The light is on because a fault in the system may prevent the roll bar from automatically deploying. This is easily diagnosed by reading codes from the roll bar controller with an LED from Radio Shack. The socket on the connector is #22. You can use the forum search to find the procedure or send me an email if you like.

·
Registered
1994 SL 320 100,000+
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I don't know where the #22 socket connector is located. Also have no way to decipher codes. I would like to purchase an LED from the Shack. Can you recommend a model or type that would best serve my needs for this problem and/or future diagnostics. Is a code book available?

Thanks again

·
Registered
2003 SL55
479 Posts
scott9931 said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I don't know where the #22 socket connector is located. Also have no way to decipher codes. I would like to purchase an LED from the Shack. Can you recommend a model or type that would best serve my needs for this problem and/or future diagnostics. Is a code book available?

Thanks again
scott9931, bob has already answered your question

bobterry99 said:
You can use the forum search to find the procedure
But here is the thread found simply by putting 'codes' into the search engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts