Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 S500 Sedan
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I have a 1994 S500V Sedan with 81,xxx miles and about one week ago the steering wheel has stopped being able to be repositioned upwards. When I was adjusting the wheel – I quickly realized this and stopped moving the wheel downwards. Now the wheel sits pretty low. Besides it being too low for comfort, it’s also blocking the instrument cluster. When trying to reposition the wheel upwards by using the knob there is no motorized sound of any sort. Additionally, when holding the knob upwards and trying to move the wheel with my hand upwards – no movement.

Has anyone come across any thing like this before?

Thank you so much.

JD

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
dbs600 said:
Hello:

I have a 1994 S500V Sedan with 81,xxx miles and about one week ago the steering wheel has stopped being able to be repositioned upwards. When I was adjusting the wheel – I quickly realized this and stopped moving the wheel downwards. Now the wheel sits pretty low. Besides it being too low for comfort, it’s also blocking the instrument cluster. When trying to reposition the wheel upwards by using the knob there is no motorized sound of any sort. Additionally, when holding the knob upwards and trying to move the wheel with my hand upwards – no movement.

Has anyone come across any thing like this before?

Thank you so much.

JD
most probably a bad switch.

·
Registered
1993 600 SEC, 2001 G500
119 Posts
Yeah, my 93 has a similar issue. The steering wheel won't go up or down, but I can hear it's little motor making a noise like it is trying to adjust.
Unfortunately, these issues are more common on the 140 as it was a bit more advanced than the 126....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts