Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
the only reliable way to get the correct part numbers is to use your VIN and look up the parts on ISPPI, Mercedes parts catalog (formerly called EPC) The notes on a given part will list which engine or transmission number ranges it applies to, if there are variants. the 'data card' on ISPPI associated with your VIN will list your engine and transmission serial numbers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what is the website address on ISPPI, Mercedes parts catalog (formerly called EPC)

LeftCoastGeek, thanks for your last post. Hopefully, I will get the correct part name and number that matches to my automatic transmission number. However, I cannot seem to find the website address you refer to look up the parts on ISPPI, Mercedes parts catalog (formerly called EPC). I tried to googled the ISPPI, only to refer to this forum. Is there an annual fee to access this ISPPI? I read somewhere it is about $75 a year. Can anyone shed any light on this? Also, what is the correct name of this part I am looking for so to make sure I am looking at the right part to avoid confusing and/or misunderstanding, anyway?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I forgot to ask about the yoke flange/output shaft yoke, Output Flange Yoke. Should there be a part number on the yoke flange once I removed it from my 1994 Mercedes E320 wagon?

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
https://aftersales.i.daimler.com/ is the login page, I'm already logged on, so I can only assume there's a link there to register. yes, for individuals its $75/year.

looks like the output flange for a E320 with transmission 722.369 is A1242721445 (at least, tahts what fits my wife's '94 E320 wagon) but I'd be hesitant to replace it before confirming the rear bearing and output shaft are intact.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
LeftCoastGeek, Thanks so much for your last post. I appreciated it. I had been searching for the correct part name and number all day, only to keep getting different names and parts number that confused me greatly, especially trying to match up with transmission model number. Thank you again. I will continue to follow through on my progress on this thread. Stay tune.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did some research to find this particular Flange, Trans - Mercedes-Benz A1242721445, only to find out mercedes parts website don't have this flange. I wonder if there is a compatible cross reference part name that matches correctly. However, there were quite a few Russian websites that have the flange available. Any ideas?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update:
The salvage owner has two transmission flange that are two different sizes. One is 124 272 1345 is 90mm diameter and 124 27 1445 is 100mm in diameter. In order to determine which is the correct one that matches my automatic transmission number:722369 03 937210, I suspected it would be the 124 27 1445 is 100mm. The best thing to make sure the correct size, I should measure the diameter that be around 3.9 inches or 100mm on my old flange that is currently on the Mercedes. The 124 272 1345 is 90mm or 3.5 inches in diameter. As soon as the Mercedes arrives, I will take the measurement of the flange with pictures and will respond back to this thread. Stay tune.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
LeftCoastGeek:

Thanks for your latest posts. I checked my 2 new flex-discs I bought two years ago. The part number REPM541507 and is compatible with the part number A1704100015.

Also, thanks for the in-depth analysis of the 90mm flange in last post. Much appreciated and important to me to understand this overall process. Live and Learn.

Right now, the Mercedes E320 wagon is now at home. The weather is too hot for me to go under the wagon to inspect and measure the flange diameter. Will follow up as soon as the weather gets cooler.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Flange nut socket size? is it 25mm deep socket with 12 points?

The Flange nut part number 123-990-00-60-MBZ as shown in the picture will not fit 24mm deep socket. I suspected the correct socket size to fit the flange nut is 25mm deep socket with 12 points. Am I correct? Can anyone verify and/or confirm this before I have to buy one? Thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
two shifter cables on floor shift

Today, I got the Transmission flange/propeller, 30mm nut, washer and the cable part number 124 267 02 64. This particular cable I bought prevents removing the key from the ignition switch if the gear selector isn't in park.

According to the pictures of the floor shifter, there are two cables attachments. One to prevent shifting out of park without the service brake applied, and the second cable to prevent the key from being removed without the car in park which I do now have.

I have not been under the Mercedes to remove the flange and the bang-up/twisted cable at this time. Just waiting for the weather to cool off first.

Does anyone know what is the part name and part number of the cable that prevents shifting out of park without the service brake applied, just in case I might need one? Feedback, comments, advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
per ISPPI using my wife's VIN (1994 E320 wagon US model), the "Wire - Pedal Assembly to Lock Out Lever" is A1242600451, while the "Wire - Steering Lock to locking lever" is A1242670264

I've heard that steering column lock cable is a real SOB to get at and replace.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
LeftCoastGeek, Thanks for the part name/part number. Much appreciated. I just hope that does not come to that steering column lock cable nightmare. I am sure that most of us don't like the unknown factors when it comes to repairing/replacing parts only to realize while at it, another dang problem keeps popping up. Stay tune for the continuation of the further adventures of this wonderful and a pain in the blank journey. You guys are great!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I forgot to ask which part that connects to the steering shifter? Is it Wire - Pedal Assembly to Lock Out Lever" is A1242600451, or the Wire - Steering Lock to locking lever is A1242670264?

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
I'm betting the throttle pressure cable got trashed too, alogn with the actuator thing thats on the side of the transmission

the parts catalog is a little confusing and shows several versions. one has a 2nd vacuum fitting on the side of the actuator box, another doesn't... but apparently you're supposed to cap off that 2nd vacuum port anyways.

the current PN for the bowden cable w/ actuator box is A1242701673 and the vacuum cap is A0009871145

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
LeftCoastGeek, Thanks for your invaluable information in your last post. I think the wording on my last post is wrong. What I was referring to is the cable that connects to the shifter prevent shifting out of park without the service brake applied and where does the end cable connects to? Sorry about the confusion.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts