Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with me E420, Like most with idle problems I believe my ISC needs to changed, I read that some people found a place that was selling this unit for cheap, well cheaper than the dealer. Can find the post anymore, wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Problem: car idles at 1000 rpm all the time, at sometimes after coming to a stop and putting the car in park or neutral rpm would fluctuate for a few seconds and then again stay steady on 1000.

Work done: new cam and crank sensor - cleaned out EGR, tested working. - New wiring harness - new plugs, distributor etc.

- Also someone said you can open up the ISC and check the board and re-weld the solder that is causing the problem... anyone know about this??

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1980 300SD
209 Posts
I checked autohausaz.com and autopartsplace.com and neither carry an aftermarket one. NAPA doesn't list one either.
Did you try shooting some throttle body cleaner through it? It worked on my Mustang. It was severely gummed up. I'm not sure if it will wreck the one on the mercedes though. It might help you figure out if thats what's causing the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts