Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 430, 2014 MLBluetec
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm afraid I'm going to sell my beloved wagon. Retirement is coming up and a move will be in the works. It has 206,000 miles and has had many things done to it. Now it needs a few things and with my travel it just isn't as much fun after being gone all week. I'm in North Al. and it can be driven home. I have many new parts to go with it . PM me for details and pictures.

White with grey interior. Thinking $2500 to a good home.

sadly

Phil

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
Always sad to see one turn over, but my guess is you'll find an appreciative buyer around here. If, however, the first thing said is, "that's a lot of miles...", hang up.

Good luck with your sale.

P.S. best post at least one pic to whet folks' appetite

·
Registered
'04 G500, '00 E55 AMG, '90 300TE 4Matic, '82 240D
1,951 Posts
man I wish I lived closer

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Any shopper who did not whine a tad about the miles before making an offer is a schmedly. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traveling this week, but will post a few pics this weekend. I may back out, it seems to be worse than sending a kid away to college. Have had some replies so will be interviewing them!

·
Registered
85 300 TDT
2,260 Posts
I'll help with a phone interview if you want.... "Give me three reasons why you are deserving of this automobile."

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I'll help with a phone interview if you want.... "Give me three reasons why you are deserving of this automobile."
lol, and make sure they have a garage! :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, you are right on. A picture of the garage with empty spot for it, personal interviews, proof of oil changes every 3,000 miles for a year before I convey title and
proof that brake dust will be removed from wheels once a month.

LOL at myself. It's just a car...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Yes, you are right on. A picture of the garage with empty spot for it, personal interviews, proof of oil changes every 3,000 miles for a year before I convey title and
proof that brake dust will be removed from wheels once a month.

LOL at myself. It's just a car...
no joke about the brake dust thing! my pet peeve D:

Yeah it's just a car but it's also peace of mind and if you sold it locally you wouldn't want to end up seeing it one day all dirty and messed up! that's heartbreaking :crybaby2:

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
I regularly check out my former 4matic wagon, now owned by my mechanic's daughter.

Last visit, I was unhappy that the exterior needed a wash but pleased when I looked in the windows and saw the interior clean and spiffy.

We are weird, people. This is ridiculous. :)

Added: even my GF, last visit made sad noises at seeing the car, she misses it. She now runs a sedan.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't sell it locally. I would end up buying ti back for more than I sold it for.

In my business life I run a tight ship but Boy do I slip when I get arround these things!

Just put in new plugs, 1 coil, repaired seat with new MB tex, have wheels getting repainted, rear suspension is working great, frt and rear bumpers painted, 3rd seat, have the cargo net/cover, love driving the car, I just have run out of time to really enjoy what a great vehicle it is. My wife drives it daily, we take it to Nashville or Birmingham when flying out. Huh...I'll post pictures and we will see. Also have about $500 in new parts laying around "just in case".

Is there a support group in case I do sell it? Hi my name is Phil and I have a problem; I used to worship a Mercdes wagon-and I still do...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all who have expressed an interest in the wagon.

An interesting development has occurred. First my wife reports that the brake light warning for low pads is just barely coming on, so new pads are required. Second, while looking things over, I noticed a slight drip around the upper radiator neck. That was replaced 2 years ago so hopefully not the radiator and just a hose. I now rember that it seemed a little short when I put it on.

So, new pads and hose are ordered. I won't sell it unless it can be driven on any trip that I would undertake.

After I get these items fixed and make the final decison, I'll let everyone know.

Thanks for the interest and a little fun along the way. I wish I could bring myself to the point that it's just a car, but it's not!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts