Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,<br> <br> Could someone please fill me in on the stock speaker sizes for a 1994 E320 door, front dash, and rear dash?<br> <br> Thanks.<br> Will

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The front dash speakers are non standard size 5' the doors are @5.5' and the rears are 5'. I have a great speaker I sell that is an exact drop in for the front and rear made for your car.The brand is rainbow and it is made in germany.If you are intersted I will e-mail you a pic of them.<br> <br> [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the reason I asked is that I have a set of Canton RS 3.13's that I'd like to put in. They were installed in my 190 that was recently totalled.<br> <br> Do you of any companies that make a device so I can put a 3.24' in the fronts? If not, I'm guessing I can make my own.<br> <br> thanks,<br> Will

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are tons of aftermarket coaxial speakers that will fit front and back. They are all 4 ohm and should be driven by an aftermarket CD head unit. To salvage your existing system which has powered 5.5' subs in each door, you need only replace the dead amplifier board that powers the speaker. Each powered speaker has an amplifier. The least expensive cure is to remove the amps and speakers and install four new speakers with a new CD headunit. P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recently I watched a car stereo dealer test the relays that turn on the amplifier boards which pwer each Bose speaker. The two speakers that were not working had bad relays. The relays were replaced and the sound from each speaker resumed. Aftermarket speakers, head units,changers, and amplifiers are still better in a better car. P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts