Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the premium stereo. Is it prewired for a CD changer in the trunk? If yes, what side driver or passenger side is the cable? How do I locate it? What is the recommended changer and from where?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
E320
14 Posts
It should be on the passenger side. Mine is hidden back behind the carpet that comes up...

It should be on the passenger side. Mine is hidden back behind the carpet that comes up to cover the back of the gas tank, but I think the stock location is back in the dip behind the wheel well. If you pull the carpet out of that side, you should see it. Do a search on the 124 thread, I know it's been talked about a lot there. It's a black cable with a rectangular connector on it. There should be at least 8 pins loaded in the connector.

The previous owner of my car had installed an adapter on mine to use an alpine Mbus changer (chm series). Unfortunately, he took the changer when he sold the car, so I'm in the market for a new changer as well.

I noticed that you're in Fort Washington PA, where do you take your car for service? I'm in Erdenheim.

·
Registered
1994 E320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R & S Imports...

I have had many MB and not new ones. R & S has been wonderful to deal with. I only use Tony as my service adviser and he knows how picky and knowledgeable I can be.

Also know of a place on Church St in Ambler that just works on out of warranty MB. He once was a Ferrari mechanic. I have talked to him a few times but have not used him. But I know many people who do and are very happy with him. He knows how to save you money on repairs.

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
94 MB Changer

I have an MB changer from my former 94 wagon. I am pretty sure that the laser needs alignment (had a terrible time loading CDs). It is only a couple of years old. I replaced it with the Alpine, as well. I have an Alpine cable to toss in. Pay for the shipping, and it's yours. If it ends up being worth anything, praise and appreciation required.[:D]

·
Registered
E320
14 Posts
I send my praise and appreciation for sending up the changer.

I'll let you know if I ...

I send my praise and appreciation for sending up the changer.

I'll let you know if I get it working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts